Thursday, July 8, 2010

Home Ownership

On March 2nd, we took the plunge into home ownership. It was definitely a challenge as it was our first experience in home buying and I was still in the miserable state of my first trimester. However, we have AMAZING friends and parents that helped us a great deal before and during the move. My mom came over a couple of times and helped me pack up everything. She did a great job in packing my entire kitchen! Ms. Faye stayed with us a couple of days after we moved in and helped me unpack since I had to go back to work. She unpacked the kitchen stuff and some of the bathroom stuff too! She also cleaned our carpets!! Mom came over too and unpacked a lot of our clothes and even organized our closet by hanging up all of our clothes. Thanks Moms!! We did run into one big snag during the move...our hot water heater didn't work. Fortunately we were able to replace it within a couple of days of moving in (thanks again Mom!).

Gibby and I were ecstatic to finally have our own space with no barking dogs, bass music, crying babies, or fighting neighbors to listen to late at night or early in the morning!! Our house and neighborhood is wonderfully quiet. Kali also settled in nicely after the first night when she kept us up all night meowing. Kali also suddenly decided that Gibby was ok after we moved. Our best guess is that Gibby had invaded our space in the apartment since he moved in after Kali and I, but we all three moved at the same time to the house. So he was no longer an intruder, but an official part of the family!

We love our first home together and feel blessed to be able to have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment